Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Best Distraction

I just want to stay busy.

I’m good at that. My room is spotless, I have all new pictures on my wall, I’m already studying for finals, I’ve sent Dustin an AWESOME birthday package and his first letter, I’m getting really good at reading other people’s blogs/facebook stalking, I’ve read a lot in my scriptures/ Preach My Gospel/ the new book my parents gave me for my bday…but all of that still isn’t really enough.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still really happy that he’s on a mission; it’s just hard adjusting to him not being here where I can talk to him all the time.

The best distraction I’ve found so far… SAVANNAH!

I just love my family. My favorite (and only) little sister came to visit me this weekend and we had sooooooo much fun! It was Relay For Life and the ambassadors here at Utah State were super involved so that’s where we spent our Friday night/Saturday morning. We did A LOT of laps around the track, had some good food, good entertainment, and good fun! We didn’t make it to bed until about 5am but I wouldn’t have rather spent this weekend anywhere else! It was my first Relay For Life and I LOVED IT. Service always makes me feel better. :)






The next day we woke up and decided to go bowling! Even though Savy beat me both times (after her first two gutter balls and some very helpful instruction from me) I still had a good time! That night we saw a couple movies and ate LOTS of popcorn. :) Perfect.

We woke up this morning, went to church, and then she headed home. It was a quick trip by her but VERY appreciated by me.

Next week I have to really crack down and hit the books. I can’t believe that finals are here. Where did this semester go?

10 Days and it’s back to Kanab for me and I’ll start some special papers of my own! Woo woo!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I just stumbled across it, and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The good-bye is over. Now just have fun writing and waiting for letters! Savy is so sweet to come up and chill with you. You guys are always having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuuude! I love you. And I am so glad that I look like a complete freak in all those pictures. Bahaha

    ReplyDelete