Monday, March 8, 2010

Overdose, Cake, & Special Visitors

Last week was an interesting one! On Wednesday I woke up at 4:30 am to travel down to Snow College for a recruiting trip with the ambassadors. I had an absolute blast, but I have concluded that waking up that early inhibits my ability to make good food choices... We brought six different flavors of Aggie ice cream…and I may or may not have had a small sample of each flavor…and a larger sample of the ones I really liked. How could I resist such deliciousness? Don’t worry though, I went to the gym that night and couldn’t walk for a good two days after!

On Friday Savy and Dustin came to visit!! Two of my most favorite people in the world, I hardly knew what to do with myself! Friday night we saw a movie, (surprise, surprise) and Saturday we went to the Logan City Zoo!! I didn’t know Logan had a zoo until a couple days ago, and you better believe I was STOKED to check it out. Here is my favorite picture of the day: Congratulations to Darla the Duck for winning best picture of the day!

It was a pretty small zoo, and the poor animals must’ve been cold because I was FREEZING by the end of our little excursion.

Saturday night we witness the USU basketball team win yet another WAC championship! That’s three in a row for us! Aggie basketball games are the best, probably because our fans are ruthless. Seriously. I love it :)

After the game we came back to my apartment and Dustin and I made a cake that I had been dying to try out. Here is what I learned:
Raspberry Lemonade Cake= Heaven.

Sadly I forgot to take a picture of my cake, but this is the same one! And mine actually looked BETTER because I made the frosting look like pink marble!!
I found the recipe in a magazine and Dustin actually told me that he loved me even more because the cake was so good. :) I thought it was pretty good, but I didn't know it was THAT good! If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll do another post. That's all for now folks. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I Love the Logan Zoo!! Many memories there at Willow Park:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just commenting your posts so that you will go comment my blog.....love you!!! anD PS, the cake was good :)

    ReplyDelete